Langkawi, also known as the gem of Kedah, is an excellent getaway for those looking for sunny beaches, watersports, duty-free shopping and tasty treats.
If you are lucky, your accommodation should be walking distance from the beaches lined with delicious eateries that provide cozy outdoor views to the ocean. If you visit during the less busy times, costs drop dramatically and the beaches are fairly empty. For those looking for more adventure, it is easy to find packages for kayaking, sailing and trekking. You can schedule a boat trip to see all the tiny islands that decorate the archipelago.
Langkawi is also frequently visited as a means into Ko Lipe
, Thailand, for those more interested in snorkeling and diving.
Highlights from Langkawi
- Save money and shop at the many duty-free shops.
- If you are staying near the Pantai Cenang, definitely try a bite at the very popular Red Tomato Restaurant & Lounge where the high-quality food is mid-range in price.
- Sunbathe on the soft sand or try the many watersport activities like kayaking, sailing, or parasailing,
Hints and Tips for Langkawi
- Double-check the holidays because it becomes quite difficult to book good accommodation
- There are cases of Dengue in Malaysia, so make certain to use mosquito repellent.
- If you are swimming in the water where there are a lot of watersport activities, be wary of the speeding boats that come very close to shore without slowing down too much.