New Zealand Lamb


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Langkawi
August 14th 2021
Published: July 25th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Covid boredom brought four friends together where I was staying at Cloud9, to do a themed cooking night at weekends. All of us have boats in the shipyard and with the struggles getting staff though this time means we're all over our time! Doni from Sweden, Frances from Rotuma in Fiji, Brent from New Zealand and moi from Scotland.

This was by far the best out of all of them, Brent cooked New Zealand Lamb racks, stacks of veggies and a handmade pavalova stacked with kiwi fruit.

The lamb was dressed with salt, pepper, coated in flour, dijon, parmesan and rosemary from what I remember, and was cooked to perfection!

The pavalova was handmade which was no mean feat, in an outside kampang kitchen with the average temperature in the high 30's, I ended up helping him beat the egg whites and ended up escaping into my room to finish in the aircon! It was hilarious and both of us were knackered with all the hand beating in the heat haha! But it was all worth it, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.... yum....

Congratulations Chef Brent, your effort was outstanding!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb