7 Things you should know about World Nomads Travel Insurance
Trusted reliable underwriters
WorldNomads.com is backed by a suite of strong, secure, specialist travel insurers who provide you with great cover, 24 hour emergency assistance and the highest levels of support and claims management when you need it most.
Value for money with the cover you need
WorldNomads.com provides cover for what's important for travellers from over 150 countries. By focussing on what you need and leaving out what you don't, World Nomads prices are some of the most competitive online.
Flexibility when you need it most
Had a change of plans? You can extend your policy indefinitely or claim online while you are still away. You can even buy a World Nomads policy if you're already travelling.
We want to make sure you get the most from WorldNomads.com. You can find out more about what is covered and the 5 key parts of a World Nomads' travel insurance policy. If you have any questions about your travel insurance or travel safety in general, please contact WorldNomads.com directly.
Leave a positive footprint
When you travel to far out places you often receive generous and gracious hospitality from local people, even when they don't have much themselves.
Footprints aggregates many small contributions from people all over the world fund specific community projects, helping people who struggle with basic needs for food, water, housing, health and safety.
Travelblog.org has searched the internet to offer some of the best cheap travel insurance for the independent traveller or backpacker to be found anywhere. You can buy, extend and claim online, you will be insured for many adventurous activities from Scuba Diving to Sky Diving (this will vary based on your country of residence - you can check exactly here)
Travel Insurance is designed to cover you for unexpected emergencies that occur in the course of an adventurous holiday. Travel Insurance generally doesn't cover you for certain things:
1. Medical conditions that exist before you travel Cost incurred due to the condition are not covered, you can still take out travel insurance for other purposes (robbery, sports, injury, etc)
2. Deliberately putting your life in danger Travel Insurance will not cover you if you put yourself in extreme situations where survival is unlikely or injury is highly likely. Chasing polar bears while drunk will not be covered.
3. Claims involving alcohol or drugs Insurance companies use this as often as possible in order to not pay a claim, from their point of view - when drunk you take extra risks, you're not in control - keep to sensible levels and look after your valuables before a night out.
4. HIV or other STD's Not covered - so safe sex as always is important.
5. Illegal Activities If you're involved in an activity that is illegal, the insurance company will not cover you.