Another pint-sized European nation, Monaco is best known for its casino’s, its Formula 1 racing event, its celebrities, big yachts, and Grace Kelly who realised every girls dream by marrying a Prince.
Situated on the French Riviera this little principality has a lot going for it. Monaco is cool glitz and glamour in a Mediterranean setting. The second smallest state in the world and seemingly the most densely populated one. Ruled by the House of Grimaldi since 1297 it somehow managed to cling on to independence ever since.
The official language is French, though Italian, English and Monégasque are widely spoken, so you needn’t worry too much about being misunderstood.
Whether you come to try your luck at the roulette table, are hoping to meet your own prince, want to speed around its hairpin curves at 200 km/h, dream of owning your very own yacht, or simply just feel like strolling around a sophisticated city, in tiny Monaco anything is possible.
This is your chance to feel like Grace Kelly or James Bond even if it is only for one day, so come and visit this dreamy pearl by the sea.
Highlights from Monaco
- Win a fortune in Monte Carlo’s Casino, after which you will be able to afford to eat in one of its many fine restaurants
- Visit the Palais du Prince, the home of the princely family
- Learn about the mysteries of the sea at the Musée Oceanographique with its famous aquarium
- See the fast cars race through Monaco’s city streets during the Formula 1 event
- Dream away at Monaco’s harbour as you gape at the many fine yachts that are moored there
- Remember Grace at the Princess Grace Rose Garden, planted in memory of her
- Stroll around the district of Moneghetti
- Listen to good music in Opéra de Monte-Carlo
Hints and Tips for Monaco
<Missing Content: tb_location_hintsntips_3236_>