Monaco


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco
October 21st 2012
Published: April 17th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Monaco and walked down the hill to the harbor. What an amazing place! We were really liking it here and that was just in the first 10 minutes. We walked along the water towards the Palace. We found a place below the palace to eat lunch and we had pizza again. It was a very good lunch and soon we were climbing the path to the palace. It was so nice up there at the top and the views were amazing! After walking around for about an hour, we went and toured the inside of the palace. It was pretty cool to see some of the rooms and learn about Monaco. After the palace tour, we had some gelato before going back down the hill. We got a bus to the casino so we could see it and walk around the gardens there.

It was about dusk now, so we walked back to the rail station. When we arrived, we saw there was a train back to Nice leaving in 15 minutes so it was perfect timing. On the short trip back, I attempted to get a photo of Villefranche sur Mer from the train, but there was fence in the way. Now I really do have to return! When we got to the Nice station, we walked around to find some dinner and ended up going to Chinese place that was ok. We went back to the station to get a bus to our hotel. Not good.....we missed the last 12 bus. I looked at the schedule and there was a 23 bus, but it ran every hour and we just missed it. We ended up just walking back rather than waiting. It took about a half hour or so and we stopped at the same market as the previous night, for some more water and snacks. This was our last sleep in Europe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb