Welcome to the Travel Forums

Why join TravelBlog?

  • Membership is Free and Easy
  • Your travel questions answered in minutes!
  • Become part of the friendliest online travel community.
Join Now! Join TravelBlog* today and meet thousands of friendly travelers. Don't wait! Join today and make your adventures even more enjoyable.

* Blogging is not required to participate in the forums

China - Advise for extended stay

Want to head to china to study Tai chi
12 years ago, January 27th 2011 No: 1 Msg: #127460  
B Posts: 3
I'm hoping to head to Yangshuo (Guangxi) to do an extended course 3-6 months, in Yang Tai Chi, but despite the course being there and available, how on earth do foreign nationals ever get to do courses of this length when the standard visa is only 30 days!!
Can you apply for a student/study visa or something.
Or are the more lengthy courses really only aimed at Chinese nationals? NO FAIR...sniff 😞

Anyone out there managed to do longer courses in China, particularly anyone who managed to study the same topic as I want to.

thanks everyone

Reply to this

12 years ago, January 27th 2011 No: 2 Msg: #127523  
you should be able to get a student visa if you show the right paperwork from the school (proof that you're taking the course). I'll try to look more into this for you and get back to you if that's not possible. But I'm pretty sure a student visa would serve your purposes Reply to this

12 years ago, January 27th 2011 No: 3 Msg: #127538  
B Posts: 3
My thanks for the help J.
It would save me a hell of a lot of running back and forth to Hong Kong for extentions, once Ive maxed out the extentions available via the police etc.
any help would be gratefully recieved
Reply to this

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.004s; cc: 21; qc: 21; dbt: 0.13s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb