Wanted to visit India in this summer between june or July
Here are some thoughts of mine:
- June/July might be a little bit hot. I was in India for three weeks in 2001 and did this in automn and it was fine (regarding my destinations see below).
- The main tourist triangle might be Delhi-Jaipur-Agra (Taj Mahal)
- Then there are holy places like Varanasi (baths in the Ganges) and Bubaneswar (nice temple but only Hindus can enter)
- Then there are important metropoles like Mumbai, Chennai and Kalkutta
- Then there are importent modern IT industry centers in Hyderabad und Bangalore (main IT center)
- I also heard that the Kashmir region should be nice from a nature perspective but I don't know security situation
- To old hippie centre was in Goa.
So my own itinerary in 2001 was:
Delhi - Jaipur - Mumbai - Hyderabad - Chennai - Bubaneswar - Varanasi - Agra - Delhi
Concerning transportation I used a mix of tourist busses and taxis, overnight trains and flights.
Overnights trains were something like an adventure, but I did not have any problems.
Of course you need to get a riksha experience.
Unfortunately I didn't have a blog to cover my journey then.
Good luck and have fun,
In response to: Msg #209550
this is not a good time to visit south & central India due to very hot weather & also a monsoon time too. Better to wait and change your program till September,
September till March is the to visit Rajasthan (heritage & Culture), Rishikesh (the yoga capital), Golden Temple, Dharmsala etc.
if you like an organize trip so Contact (Drive North India) in new Delhi
The Taj Mahal in Agra is, of course, the must-see for visitors to India. Other places would be Delhi with the Red Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Jaipur and the Hawa Mahal (Palace of the Winds), Udaipur and its gardens and palaces, Mumbai, Varanasi and Kolkata. The Agra-Delhi-Jaipur circuit is known as the Golden Triangle and has the most famous historic sites if time is limited.
Hi, it will very hot in north india and the monsoons would have started in South India. Best to stick to New Delhi, Agra(Taj Mahal) and Jaipur circuit. A great time to make some tours to Himalayan hill stations like Shimla, Ranikhet, Nainital etc. All are lovely. You can visit Leh Ladakh in mid-end July. It is awesome. Enjoy your holiday.