Welcome to the Travel Forums

Why join TravelBlog?

  • Membership is Free and Easy
  • Your travel questions answered in minutes!
  • Become part of the friendliest online travel community.
Join Now! Join TravelBlog* today and meet thousands of friendly travelers. Don't wait! Join today and make your adventures even more enjoyable.

* Blogging is not required to participate in the forums

Visa ??

I am a UK citizen, do I need a visa for HK?
13 years ago, October 2nd 2010 No: 1 Msg: #120209  
I am going to work in China Jiangsu province for a year. I plan on visiting HK for a few days before hand- will I need a visa? I will have a work visa for China, but it is single entry! help me!! Reply to this

13 years ago, October 3rd 2010 No: 2 Msg: #120234  
B Posts: 366
I have been in and out of Hong Kong several times with a US passport and got stamped in right at the airport. I would think you will have no problem with a UK passport that is current.

Here is a link you can look over. It appears that UK passport holders can get a visa stamp on arrival.

Use Google for lots of quick answers then verify those answers against other sources.

Reply to this

13 years ago, October 3rd 2010 No: 3 Msg: #120245  
Nope. You don't. You get a free stamp at the airport.

Reply to this

13 years ago, October 3rd 2010 No: 4 Msg: #120250  
Thanks guys! I was reading blogs about people who had single entry visas so couldn't leave HK, but upon reflection it may have been because they had already been to mainland china before!! Reply to this

Tot: 0.029s; Tpl: 0.004s; cc: 6; qc: 10; dbt: 0.0077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (; sld: 1; ; mem: 958.8kb