Welcome to the Travel Forums

Why join TravelBlog?

  • Membership is Free and Easy
  • Your travel questions answered in minutes!
  • Become part of the friendliest online travel community.
Join Now! Join TravelBlog* today and meet thousands of friendly travelers. Don't wait! Join today and make your adventures even more enjoyable.

* Blogging is not required to participate in the forums

Working in Hong kong

Originally part of Ask a Travel Writer
Have you done it? Please share your experiences and advice.
12 years ago, February 16th 2010 No: 1 Msg: #103912  
N Posts: 3
Hi Mell nice to meet you,
it seems that you know a lot of travel... thats why...

im wondering if you know something regarding to work in HK??

Im planning traveling 2011 and my final stop w´d be HongKg, so if it´s posible, do you think it would b easier to be there and apply for a job having a tourist visa..? i mean apply for a foreigners job.

Thank you for your time and knowledge.

MX Cty Reply to this

12 years ago, February 16th 2010 No: 2 Msg: #103916  
Hello Eloy 😊

I havent been to Hong Kong yet. I made a thread for your questions, so hopefully somebody else knows the answers.

Mel Reply to this

12 years ago, February 16th 2010 No: 3 Msg: #103917  
N Posts: 3
Very kind Mel
Thank you

Eloy Reply to this

12 years ago, February 18th 2010 No: 4 Msg: #104091  
Hopefully, replies will still come, but in the meantime it may be worth checking out some of the blogs about Hong Kong written by members of TravelBlog. I know for sure some of them worked in Hong Kong.

Reply to this

12 years ago, February 26th 2010 No: 5 Msg: #105076  
B Posts: 1
I've lived and worked in HK for almost 5 years as a teacher. Beyond education and banking, there are few - if any - other options for foreigners, unless you're a specialist in your field of sorts (immigration rules mean local companies must explain why/how a local cannot be recruited for the job, before the services of a visitor are approved) See http://www.globalcitizen.co.uk/wp/toms-tefl-teaching-abroad-tips/ for my tips on teaching here.

You need a job before you can get a visa. Tourist visas tend to be 3 months, depending on your nationality. Reply to this

Tot: 0.027s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 4; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0084s; 1; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb