Welcome to the Travel Forums

Why join TravelBlog?

  • Membership is Free and Easy
  • Your travel questions answered in minutes!
  • Become part of the friendliest online travel community.
Join Now! Join TravelBlog* today and meet thousands of friendly travelers. Don't wait! Join today and make your adventures even more enjoyable.

* Blogging is not required to participate in the forums

catergory O non-imagration visa

catergory O non-imagration visa
5 years ago, January 17th 2010 No: 1 Msg: #100087  
hi guys

im planning on traveling to bangkok from the uk on a one way flight in july , once there im thinking about traveling by land to cambodia , vietnam ( maybe laos ) and back to thialand and head south . on arival back in to thailand i was thinking about doing some volunteer work through a site ive found .

im wondering is it posible to enter thailand on a tourist single enrty visa travel around the rest of asia then when ruturning through cambodia apply for the SINGLE ENTRY NON-IMAGRATION CAT O VISA then return to thailand ? can that be obtained in cambodia ?

i mite have answerd my own question hear but it logicaly seems easyer to just get a MULTIPUL ENTRY NON-IMAGRATION CAT O VISA

any help will be great cheers Reply to this

5 years ago, January 19th 2010 No: 2 Msg: #100352  
The Thai embassy in Phnom Penh is going to look very hard at that . Your best bet is to get the multiple entry non immigrant visa arranged outside of Asia. You might even fly down to OZ to do that if you are all ready in Asia, which several people that i know have done in the past. Maybe Hong Kong might be a place to try. Cambodia Vietnam Singapore KL Loas the Thai Embassy is going to be a very tough sell I would bet. Reply to this

5 years ago, January 20th 2010 No: 3 Msg: #100457  
We found it really easy to get a non-immigrant multiple entry visa in the UK - we used to Birmingham consul. Easier than people suggest it is in Asia.

You could consider getting your visa before you go. Reply to this

5 years ago, January 20th 2010 No: 4 Msg: #100471  
For that type of long stay visa, as a genral rule, will be easier in your home coutry than in Asia. Reply to this

5 years ago, January 21st 2010 No: 5 Msg: #100574  
S Posts: 7
I recommend buying the 100 pounds 1 year multi-entry visa from the Thai Consulate in Hull.

Print off the form online, fill it in. It costs a total of 108 including postage back to you.

It has a 3 day turn around, so if you post it Monday, you get your passport back with a 1 year Multi-O stamp Wednesday.

If there are any problems, call them, they are very helpful.

I wouldn't enter the country on a Single, because once you leave, its then void. Also a Single is 45 pounds from what I remember.

Suksan Reply to this

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.006s; cc: 6; qc: 15; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:apollo w:www (; sld: 2; ; mem: 6.1mb