Day 6 - Orlando - Hollywood Studios, Pool, Outlets


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
July 31st 2014
Published: June 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Another early start for us as today we were heading to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Nick went down to breakfast and prepared our table with cutlery and drinks as he had the last few mornings, then Marnee and I headed down once we’d finished getting ready. Buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant again this morning.
The concierge suggested the easiest way to get to the studios was to get a cab to one of the Disney Hotels and from there we jumped on a boat which took us up the river to the entrance of the park.
Our driver to that park was lovely, her name was Lily and we made arrangements with her to pick us up tomorrow when we needed to go downtown to get the bus to Miami.
Upon entrance we headed in the direction of The Great Movie Ride. This was cool; the front of it was like a replica of the Grauman's Chinese Theatre. Inside though, it was an 18mins ride through some of Hollywood's most famous movies including Singing in the Rain, Mary Poppins, Aliens, The Wizard of Oz, Indiana Jones, Tarzan and Casablanca.
When we got outside it was hot so we went and bought some Mickey ear icecreams. Then it was time for the 25mins long Muppet Vision 3D Movie. From there we went into the Voyage of Little Mermaid. As this was always my favourite Disney movie it was my choice of things to do for the day. This was good, a live theatre experience of the movie. It was after this it was getting really hot I went and bought a wide brimmed hat to wear for the rest of the rides that were outside.
We then went into Pixar Place where you could get photos with various characters walking around. We were headed in the direction of the Toy Story ride Midway Mania but the line was just too long to wait in. So we then went in the direction of the Backlot Studios Tour. First up they did a stunt type performance which they got the crowd to get involved in. There was fake explosion and water going everywhere. Then it was time to jump on the tram to go through all the backlots where we saw things like a model of some of the planes from the Pixar movie of the same name, Herbie the little white VW Beetle, through the warehouses where they make costumes for movies and through another area that had a simulated earthquake. After this we decided it was time to get a bite to eat. We had found an Italian place that looked good but the wait was too long so we went into Pizza Planet Arcade for a quick lunch instead. We had a look through some of the shops after this then headed to the Tower of Terror ride. This was fun but not as good as the one we went on in LA at Disneyland. We'd almost had enough for the day so headed to the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith. This was a wicked rollercoaster and Marnee and I got the front seats. Very fast and all inside in the dark with Aerosmith playing.

It was so hot so we jumped in a cab to head back to the hotel for some recovery pool time. We spent a good few hours by the pool, no rain this time, but the clouds came across quite a bit; it didn’t matter as it was still hot. We had showers, got changed and headed to the hotel bar to get a bite to eat for dinner and have a drink or two. We met a lovely bartender called Edna who asked if she could try a new drink on us that had 6 shots in one drink. It was lethal, almost undrinkable, but we did always like a challenge. We polished those off then jumped in a cab to the outlets, Marnee and Nick were pretty drunk by this stage which was interesting once we got to the shops. We shopped our little hearts out and within 20mins had lost Nick, so Marnee and I kept shopping until we ran out of shops. We caught a cab back to the hotel and started to pack up our bags as tomorrow we were heading to Miami. Nick came back eventually and turned out he had ended up at a bar called Dick's Last Resort where Nick did what Nick does best, drink and meet random people. We eventually made it to bed, pretty late.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.447s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb