Day 5 - Orlando - Animal Kingdom, pool time, outlets


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
July 30th 2014
Published: June 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today started early; we were up by 7:00am, fed and waiting out the front for a cab to try and beat the kids to the park but had to wait 25mins.

Today was Animal Kingdom Day. We started off in the African section of the park. First up was the Kilimanjaro Safari where we went throughout the park spotting all different types of animals including rhinoceros, hippopotamus, crocodiles, giraffes, gazelles, elephants, and zebras. Next up we took on the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail where we walked through spotting various water birds, cheetahs, gorillas amongst other things.
Next up we decided to go and see the Festival of the Lion King. This was really cool. It was like going to see the stage show of the Lion King. Trampolines, amazing costumes, music, dancers… the works.
Then next up was Dinoland. It was full of crocodiles etc and we went on two rides. One was more of a kid’s rollercoaster, the other more of Splash Mountain type ride, without the splash.
We found some more Minnie ears to trying on at this park; animal themed ones, leopard prints and tiger prints everywhere.
Next up after that we headed into the Asian section. We took on the Kali River Rapids. We got saturated on this then headed onto the last ride of the day, Exhibition Everest. It was like getting on a train and going through the inside of a mountain then at the end you came out and dropped down the outside of the mountain.
This was enough theme park and children excitement for one day so we decided to head back to the hotel for a bit of chilled pool time. We then got showered and decided to jump in a cab to head to the outlets which were on the other side of the highway to where our hotel was. The taxi driver was hopeless; he had no idea where he was going. In the end I pulled out my phone and used my GPS to direct him. So what should have cost us only around $10 cost us closer to $20. We had a look around the outlets, just a browse then got some dinner in the food court there. It was then time to head back to the hotel for some snooze as it was already quite late and we had a big day ahead of us tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.483s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 84; dbt: 0.2172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb