Famous for its beaches, theme parks, and sunshine, Florida has drawn visitors for over a century. In addition, the state features vibrant cities, lush wilderness filled with wildlife, and classic roadside attractions
Highlights from Florida
- Theme Parks - escapist entertainment on a grand scale. Major parks include Walt Disney World, Sea World, and Universal near Orlando; and Busch Gardens near Tampa.
- Miami and Miami Beach - world famous hot spots for white sand beaches, art deco architecture, celebrities, and decadent nightlife.
- Kennedy Space Center - Home of the US space program, where men were sent to the moon
- Everglades National Park - Vast jungle swamps and sawgrass plains filled with alligators and other wildlife
- Key West - Laid back, funky town at the far end of the Florida Keys where anything goes
- St. Augustine - Oldest continuously occupied city in the United States, with many historic sites
Hints and Tips for Florida