Paris "Ooo La La"


Advertisement
Europe
July 29th 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We LOVE Paris!

With 11days left on our trip, we've finally realized that it would be a good idea to try to stay within a reasonable budget. Not to say that we havent been careful with our spending through out this trip, but we are realizing that maybe buying shots for our friends isnt sucha good idea. Sorry Mom and Dad, youve raised some very generous daughters and we're just tryin to give America a good rep...and we are pretty confident that we have succeeded.

We have been staying at one of the coolest Hostels that we have stayed at yet on our trip. The rooms are nice and clean (WAY different than Amsterdam), theres TONS of nice young travelers (Lots of Austrailians), and a really neat bar on the first floor of the building. We have been having a blast meeting so many neat people and hearing the shock in their voice when we tell them that we are actually from Orange County...answering the usual questions of "Is it really like that on the show?" "Do you hang out with Marissa and Ryan" and "Woah! You sound just like Lauren Conrad!"...alll recieving the same response of "No" to
The LouveThe LouveThe Louve

Recognize this from the DeVinci Code??
each of their questions.

Our first night here, after a long and excruciating day of travel...we naturally went to the bar for a nice meal and some wine. Lucky us it was happy hour and we got some decent deals on a bunch of wine...leaving us tipsy at the earliest hour we have been yet on this trip. Fastforward to the end of the night, because of a traveling tradition that we picked up from our friend Nick in Rome--every time we hear the song "I dont know Americano" we have to take a shot of tequilia reguardless of the place or time that we hear the song--we then became best friends with one of our roommates Francisco from Mexico City, Kendall bought a watermelon, Emily decided that her PJs were more comfortable to party in than her regular clothes, and ended the night with knowing all the bartenders by name. In the morning, Emily woke up with a note on her stomach from our roommate Francisco, leaving his name number and email...kinda creepy how that got there.

The next morning...well noon...was by far the worst wakeup we have had all trip, but we got up and were
Notre DameNotre DameNotre Dame

Where's Quasi???
ready to start seeing some of the amazing things that are around Paris. We went to Notre Dame and found ourselves singing songs from Pocahontas because we didnt remember any of the songs from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, looked for Quasimoto and Esmerelda (didnt have any luck finding them), Emily lit a candle inside for her brother Greer as he was taking his bar exam at the same time that we were touring the church, "Im not sure if these are only for dead people, but this test has pretty much killed Greer anyway!"

Later that day we walked ALL around Paris, searching for the Paris Opera House in hopes that we may be able to see a show while we are here in Paris. On our way we made a couple pitstops at some shops, got a feel for Paris fashion (promise we didnt buy anything ha ha ha), stumbling upon some of the nicest parts of Paris. We suddenly found ourselves walking among the Elite in Paris, literally window shopping at Rolex, Cartier, Dolce&Gabana, Dior, Chanel, Louis Vutton...you get the point. After an enjoyable adventure to find the Paris Opera House, we discovered that all of
Notre DameNotre DameNotre Dame

MASSIVE
the performaners are on holiday during the summer season, an unfortunate blessing considering Nose Bleed tickets were 120euro and buying binoculars to see the show were another 20!! MJ and Cythn, next trip us four are all going to see it!

Later that night we took a trip to a bar next to the Moulin Rouge, in hopes that tickets to see that may be in our price range...we were wrong. They were also 100euro. Emily made friends with the directors and editors of Pairs's Local Newspaper, and Kendall made connections to get us into the Moulin Rouge after the show. About 20min before we were going to see the stage at the Moulin Rouge, we decided we were too tired to stay any longer considering it was already 230am.

The next day we made plans with some friends to go see the Louve at 8am...unfortunately both of us turned off our alarms, didnt remember ignoring them, and woke up at 11:30am. We hope they werent too upset. We decided to go see the Louve on our own, first stopping for a quick burger from McDonalds and some coffee to wake us up. Kendall looked across the street and saw her friend from school in a tour. Small World. At the Louve we saw the Mona Lisa, the statue with the woman with no arms and wings behind her (forgot the name, sorry), and many other beautiful paintings. After the Louve we decided to try to walk to the Eiffel Tower, not realizing how far it really was. Along our walk we ran into the Concorde in the center of Paris, Point Alexander III Bridge, and Hotel De Ville, and ofcourse ending at the Eiffel Tower. We get in the long line to get to the top, and right when we are about to get to the front, we both pull out our cameras...and what do you know, they're both DEAD! We decided to go back to the hostel, get some dinner, and get ready for the Pub Crawl that night...thinking that we'll just see the Eiffel Tower another day. At the Pub Crawl we met lots of fun people, and had a great night seeing some of the "hot spot" bars in Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Our Walk to the TowerOur Walk to the Tower
Our Walk to the Tower

Random little pit-stops to rest and take pictures of ourselves along our travels...does that make us Narcisistic?
Some Painting People Crowded AroundSome Painting People Crowded Around
Some Painting People Crowded Around

hahah just kidding...man did her smile make us melt. Mona is quite the woman. Way to go Leonardo!
Emily and the TriangleEmily and the Triangle
Emily and the Triangle

this is supposed to symbolice man and woman...is she trying to tell us something? and supposedly Mary Magdalene is burried below (well in the DeVinci Code she is)
Kendall makin CrepesKendall makin Crepes
Kendall makin Crepes

Makin Crepes on the Crawl...dont know if he was too thrilled
MetroMetro
Metro

not sure why Emily isn't smiling
Pub CrawlPub Crawl
Pub Crawl

just heard "Im no Americano" you know what thats means
First Night in ParisFirst Night in Paris
First Night in Paris

Check out Francisco on the right ha
Roaming the streetsRoaming the streets
Roaming the streets

Clearly with Heinekins in hand


2nd August 2010

Sooooooo Jealous!!! :) Sounds wonderful...I am so impressed how much touring you are fitting in....the Louvre, Notre Dame, Bike Riding, pub crawls...luv it! ox,mj/mom
2nd August 2010

Paris
Oh my. Brings back memories. Grandpa Joe and I did see Quasimoto at Notre Dame. will tell you that story when you get home.

Tot: 0.435s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb