Moochin Thru Madrid!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
February 25th 2012
Published: June 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Off up and away again this time to Madrid! I was super excited firstly cos I love spain and secondly cos I was meeting Ben in Madrid for the weekend also! So after work Karla, Kelly and I headed off to the airport - no dramas this time and flew to Madrid (last night). We met ben at the airport and went in search of our hostel! It was such a perfect location...minutes from the main plaza so so central! We were so starving that we went across the road for BK for our first night of spanish delicasy! Filled us up anyway! Once fed we headed out and wandered the streets, got a few vouchers and the spanish boys took us into dead places and got us cheap drinks which was good! We were out a few hours and then decided to head back so we were rested for a full 2 days of exploring!

We woke up in search of some spanish breakie but actually didnt really know what they ate for breakfast so just picked a cafe and had a baguette and some really yummy smoothies to kick start our day! We hadnt really researched what there was to do in Madrid so we decided we'd head to the main square and wander. There was however, on thing on my agenda - the Museum of Ham! I had heard it was great and we had to go there. So that was a priority! We went to the main square and saw the icon of Madrid The bear with the strawberry tree! There was actually some protests happening around it this weekend so it was wrapped in a big spanish banner which wasnt ideal for pics but we managed! We wandered in some souvineer shops and then stumbled across a chocolateria which we had also been recommended for their churros! Which i thougt were sausages! They were infact skinny fried donuty type hings! ACtually relatively flavourless I thought but then we got a cup full of pure chocolate to dip them in! Which def added to the flavour! They gave us so freaken many of them so we were stuffed and felt a lil sick after this! So decided to walk it off and explore some more and what did we find? Nothing other than The Ham Museum! And I have to say I had been talking it up alot based on patient recommendations and it was...pathetic!!!! It was NOT a musem but a cheap shop here you buy ham and drinks! I expected oh so much more! So we took a few snaps and decided we would at some stage actually buy some ham from there so we had embraced the experience slightly! But not now cos we were stuffed full of chocolate and donuts!! So we went and saw another few squares and took some snaps, sat in the sun for a bit and chilled out which was nice.

Once we had been sufficiently lazy enough we decided to do a bus tour around Madrid. It was gorgeous day and it is such a pretty city so we took some gorgeous pics, ate lots of lollies (no idea how we fitted it in but again our travels were consisting of food food food) and enjoyed sitting in the top of the bus in the sun! Our bodies very much enjoying getting some Vitamin D! It got to about 4 and we then decided it was time for some more food and a late lunch so we searched for what looked like a solid spanish restauarnt
P1040892P1040892P1040892

our bus tour!
as we were wanting to try some genuine yummy paella and sangria! So that we found, unfortunately not in the sun but a pretty side street as a view! We got some jugs of sangria and dug into paella! Not sure if I am a fan of the sangria but gotta have it in Spain! 😊 Once we were stuffed full we headed back to the hostel to get changed, have a few drinks and then head out to enjoy some spanish nightlife! Wed been recommended a few places but couldnt find them so ended up getting sucked into going into this club which was apparantely really popular and got some free drinks, so we just went with it. there was literally one other person in the club...so we mingled..with ourselves...and then decided to just start up the dance floor crazy style! Wer danced for a few hours and still at 1am there as only a handful of people there! But we had fun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

P1040863P1040863
P1040863

THE museum of ham!
P1040867P1040867
P1040867

The chocolateria!!
P1040868P1040868
P1040868

Churros and verrryyy rich choc!
P1040912P1040912
P1040912

Sangria...
P1040916P1040916
P1040916

and paella for dinner!
P1040876P1040876
P1040876

Another gorgeous square in the city!
P1040881P1040881
P1040881

Lolly shop!!
P1040842P1040842
P1040842

our first night out on the town!


Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb