July 6 2014 Lake Bohinj - Skojka Loka


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
July 6th 2014
Published: May 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

With breakfast finished we set off for a trip over another pass with an intended destination of Zelezniki via Bohinjska Bistrica, Nemski Rovt, Planina Simne, Spodnja Sorica, Zali Log. The 3000' climb took the edge of both Gus and I and we were both glad when we eventually reached the summit after too many hours of grinding away up hill. We're too old for this. Lol Consequently photos are a bit light on as there was no photography contest on the way up.

The ride down was great and we passed through Sorica which is apparently famous for Ivan Grohar. He was an orphan who later travelled to Germany to develop his talent as an impressionist artist. I later googled his life and found it to be quite interesting. After 5-6 hrs we arrived at Zelezniki clicking our heels with delight...... Until we discovered that this town was void of any accommodation. If fact it was void of everything! We found the local tourist information centre who recommended that we continue on to Skojka Loka which was another 16kms. The disappointment was massive hence it was off to the pub to grab something to eat. More disappointment followed... No food. It was now 7 hrs since we'd eaten and the worms were wriggling around in my empty stomach like a tin rattler on Good Friday. Not only was there no food but the waitress was as friendly as a spitting cobra. I inhaled a coke whilst Gus drank a bottle of Lasko Psenica, my favourite beer. The thought of more miles to do with a beer under my belt wasn't doing it for me.

We arrived in Skojka Loka and although the Tourist Information Centre was closed we found accommodation at Hotel Garni to be really good. Dinner out consisted of a few beers and two ham and cheese toasties as most places are closed on Sunday. We watched the Wimbledon tennis final and nearly missed championship point when some old trout thought that she was see through and stood in front of the TV prior to her homicide. Police are now searching for 40 offenders. At first glance this town looks really interesting. Stay tuned. A low kilometre big day.

The evening ended with a bit of photography at night around the town.

For the photography buffs we are using Panasonic Lumix FT3 which have limited functionality.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb