June 27 2014 Bovec sight seeing


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
June 27th 2014
Published: May 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

During breakfast we played the usual game of find the spoon. It appears that several of the places we have stayed don't like to store the cutlery together (probably to stop forking). Consequently we have to seek out the spoons in order to eat the yoghurt which is generally a staple breakfast component. From previous experience I'm not the only spoon hunter so we generally split up and perform a grid search. The spoons had decided to camp next to the bread. Obviously!!

As we have kayaking booked for the afternoon we just bumbled around town

We turned up and filled in the required forms at the kayaking place. I used that term loosely as Gus can't swim and hence although he filled the form in he didn't sign the waiver. We were due to leave at 2 o'clock but a rafting group comprising of our American brothers was late. Fancy that!! They turned up as noisy as ever and then to top it off the guy wore his kayaking helmet during the entire drive to the putting in point. The distance in inches between his ears was obviously far greater than his IQ. This was confirmed when he asked "Am I going to get wet?". No mate you're going kayaking and it's a totally dry sport!!! Spare me. I reckon passport control has a lot to answer for, both outbound from the States and at the local port of entry.

Kayaking on the river Soca was a bit of a rush and both Gus and I enjoyed it. The water is crystal clear and an emerald colour. Temperature of the water is about 10c consequently it's just short of an ice cream headache when you go in. The first couple of rapids had my backside firmly attached to the kayak seat with the suction of a giant abalone as I'm not a fan of the head rush. Lol. Gus went for a bit of a swim but managed no problems whilst I retrieved the discarded paddle. The guide, Casper, was quite laid back and made the trip more enjoyable. The walk out was a 500 m hike up hill with the kayaks. It left a bit to be desired.

We decided to have a quick drink in town and ran in to Paul, the Irish boy. He told us that his mobile phone had been run over earlier in the day and was distressed by it. Obviously the incident wasn't covered during Call of Duty training!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb