June 26 2014 Tolmin - Bovec


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
June 26th 2014
Published: May 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Following a good breakfast at the hostel Gus oiled his chain with oil taken from the bilge of the Titanic whilst I dealt with a broken spoke in the rear wheel. When I say dealt with I used the term loosely as all I did was tape it to its neighbour so that it wouldn't be lonely and start talking to the others whist I was riding.
Whilst I was following the oil slick travelling up the road I saw a really old car called a Zastava in a nearby driveway. Looked like it had come from a Mr Bean movie.

Fairly straight forward ride following the river which was a lot bluer than we had previously seen. The ride was fairly flat with a few smaller climbs. Saw a few beehives along the way which appear to be mobile. ( see photos) Stopped in for coffee at Kobarid and had a look at a World War 1 aviation museum.
The last twenty kilometres to Bovec seemed to go on forever but it was worth the effort. At first glance it appears to be e outdoor centre of Slovenia. Met, Paul, a young Irish guy from western Ireland. He had just done work experience with the Irish Police. He explained his disappointment at not going out on patrol to see dead bodies. Lol he further went on to explain that he reckoned it wouldn't bother him as he played a lot of "Call of Duty". I nearly did a rib laughing so hard. Thank goodness he'd spent his time playing X box instead of watching porn.

After booking into the hotel we ventured out for dinner and booked in for a kayaking trip tomorrow.

The bathroom and shower are of the compact variety and Gus made the comment that brushing his teeth without banging his head on the glass shelf was nearly impossible. All in all not a bad day.


Where I stayed




Hotel Mangart - Mala vas 107, Bovec, Slovenia


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb