I am going to Namibia in September, can't wait as I haven't been to Africa before.
I am doing the organised tour thing as I don't drive and have plans for a 4 day tour in Etosha National Park. Basically I don't care how I travel or how much I cram, I just want to fit in what I can.
During our stay, we would either like to visit Africat or the Cheetah park.
Any recommendations on what to see in the 2 weeks we are there (I love my wildlife!)?
Namibia is called the Land of Rolling Dunes. Fish River Canyon is the second highest after America's Grand Canyon. the Namib desert got the rarest flora and fauna in the world. Don't miss the Welwitschia plant, ok? The Skeleton coast is a must-see sight. The Etosha national park is for you if you're a fan of African wildlife because in here, you'll find four of the rarest endangered species: the black rhino, black faced impala, Hartmann's mountain zebra and the tiny Damara dik-dik... there are so many spots to go to!! I'm telling you, 2 weeks is not enough! Anyway, once you're done with Namibia, please do visit my favorite African destination... the Kingdom of Morocco! A trip in Morocco
is a worthwhile experience! I guarantee you that! 😊
Kamanjab has a great Cheetah reserve, its very popular with Overland tours, and even has a swimming pool! at least it did last time I was there!
May be i am late to tell you this, i don't even know that you are still there on the forum or not?? hehe
anyway it will help some other person who wants to visit Namibia in future: -
Top Places in Namibia for excellent holidays
1. Damaraland - with wild and rugged landscape, Southern Damaraland’s great attractions include the Gross Spitzkoppe and Brandberg Mountain, both home to a wealth of rock art and best seen at sunset.
2. Etosha National Park - Etosha is one of Africa’s largest game parks, much of which is covered by the silver Etosha salt pan that shimmers in the heat.
3. The Skeleton Coast - North of Swakopmund the Skeleton Coast National Park stretches up to the Kunene River.
4. The NamibRand Nature Reserve - The NamibRand Nature Reserve lies to the south of Sesriem, and borders on to the Namib Naukluft Park.
5. Impalila Island - Impalila Island lies in the middle of the Zambezi River, about 25 minutes from the confluence with the Chobe River.