Middle Lagoon - Cape Leveque (Friday 30th May - Sunday 1st June)


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a very dusty and corrugate trek of some 170km into the Dampier Peninsula we pulled into Middle Lagoon Camping Area, a very rustic bush camp with lots of shady camp site options. After locating a prime spot we set up camp then headed to the lagoon to put in the tinnie and have a swim.

This was a great place to go swimming, fishing and generally relax in a peaceful setting. Each morning the little girls, Matt and I set out in the tinnie across the bay to fish in a small river inlet. (While Tahlia enjoyed a quiet sleep in!) The water in the river was so clear and you could see the fish checking out the lure’s. The only down side being that they didn’t seem to want to bite! Only catch was an estuary cod by Caz, but we set him free.

With our fishing luck running low we set to making a dinner feast with a roast cooked in the camp oven over the fire and damper wrapped in foil on the coals. We were all ravenous by the time it was ready and munched down our tasty spread. We enjoyed our night roasting marshmallows, sipping port and chatting with fellow campers.

While at Cape Leveque Ki lost her second front tooth on the trip. The tooth fairy must be working overtime to keep up with us!

When the time came for Matt and I to pack up camp, it was the first time that we have really dreaded the task. But as the saying goes, the show must go on, so we went into auto mode, got the job done and were on the corrugated road again to retrace our steps back to Broome.

After a stock up shop in Broome we set off toward Derby and the start of the Gibb River Road - 667Km of natural earth road!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb