Broome (Tuesday 27th May - Friday 30th May)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
May 30th 2008
Published: June 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I was really looking forward to getting to Broome and checking out this famous Australian town. The layout of Broome is unusual with Cable Beach at one end and the town centre and City Beach at the other, with approximately 5km in between filled with resort upon resort. Broome’s housing and surrounds really remind me of Darwin, that cross between being in the bush and the tropics.

Our site seeing tour of Broome included:
• Japanese Cemetary - A tribute to many of the early settlers who were involved in Broome’s pearling history. Amazing to see this tribute to Japanese pearlers - unfortunately unable to read any headstones!
• Gantheaume Point - The home prehistoric dinosaur footprints. A must see for Ella who is fascinated by dinosaurs and will sit and watch the doco ‘Walking with Dinosaurs’ for hours. We have all spent countless hours acting out dinosaur adventures with Ella over the past couple of months.
• Shopping in the old Chinatown - Tahlia and I enjoyed a couple of hours looking through the small tourist and clothing stores in Broome’s old China town. Lots of nice things to buy here if you have the $$$’s especially the pearls. (Oh well there has to be something to be said for window shopping!) We did ponder across a coffee shop called ‘Coffee is my life’ and I decided that it was definitely worth trying it out for a brew.
• Swimming at the world famous Cable Beach - We all enjoyed a late afternoon dip in the pristine waters of Cable Beach as the sun began its decent. This was followed by a family game of duck duck goose initiated by Kianna in the sand!

Tourist ventures said and done, the favourite location of the girls would have to be the huge Cable Beach Caravan Park swimming pool with waterfall and all.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb