Leaving Roma tomorrow .....


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington
June 5th 2007
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Bridge of AngelsBridge of AngelsBridge of Angels

Bridge of Angels going over the Tiber to Castl St'Angelo/ Hadrian's Mausoleum / Mole.
Geo: 45.6448, 12.3047

Still here, will be leaving for Venice tomorrow morning bright and early! Mauro, the apt. manager will be picking us up at 6 am as our train will be leaving at 6:52. Should take us 41/2 hours on the Eurostar. We just had a wandering day through different neighborhoods. More relaxing than the other days so far. Visited the Rome Synagogue in the Jewish "Ghetto". Saw some very big Catholic churches in Trastevere, Trevi Fountain, Theatre of Marcellus, wandered the Ghetto also... enjoyed just watching how the people really live out in public (kids playing soccer in the piazzas, fun)... I think they are in small apartments so they all go out and live in the open pretty much..... people have been very friendly for the most part and helpful when asked for directions, which we did a "couple" of times!

Could post a long list of places we saw but would probably bore you, we are feeling like we are getting to know Rome and have the city pretty well mapped out in our minds with the big landmarks. Looking forward to exploring Venice, should be an adventure tomorrow trying to find which Vaporetto to take to our retreat
ColoseumColoseumColoseum

These were the tunnels under the floor of the Coloseum.
(convent) center where we will be staying. The first morning we are there we have an appt. to take the Secret Itineraries tour of the Doges Palace, am assuming we will be also visiting St. Marks Basilica.... don t have a real rigid itinerary, just a few places we will want to see for sure and then we'll get lost and see what we run into!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Door of the PantheonDoor of the Pantheon
Door of the Pantheon

Huge brass door that's around 2000 years old!
Street in RomeStreet in Rome
Street in Rome

Room for people and cars!


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.075s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb