West Coast Trip 2011 - Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 27th 2011
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Shoulders, not just for cats anymore!Shoulders, not just for cats anymore!Shoulders, not just for cats anymore!

This little guy (or gal) decieded that Michelle's sweater looked tasty.
Science and Theater (The only mystery was where to eat)

We did a bit more walking today but Michelle and I had a blast. We walked with Tony to the Amazon campus and stoppped at Portage Bay for a more substantial breakfast. They had a great toppings bar for breakfast. Whipped cream, maple syrup, brown sugar, nuts, and fresh berries of all kinds were available for your oatmeal and pancakes. It reminded me of how my great grandmother would have a slice of pie just so she could have a big mound of whipped cream on it.

After breakfast we walked to the Pacific Science Museum. The PSM is a collection of 5 buildings each dedicated to a differnt kind of science. There were exhibits on phisics, animals, bugs, space, cloning, genetics, big numbers, addiction and dinosaurs just to name a few. My favorite was the butterfly house. Within just a few minutes of entering, a lovely butterfly landed on Michelle's shoulder. It was a great photo op. We spent well over 4 hours in the museum and I had pry Michelle out at the end.

Tuesday we saw that Aladin was playing at the 5th Avenue Theater.
Blue skys in SeattleBlue skys in SeattleBlue skys in Seattle

The beautiful day made for a great shot of the Space Needle.
We deceided to go see it tonight and it was a great show. There were some changes from the Disney story but there were also some great nods to theater devices that made it a really fun night.

Not counting the walking at the museum, Michelle and Anne walked over 4 miles. By the time the show let out they were happy to take a taxi back for a good night's rest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb