West Coast Trip 2011 - Day 3


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 26th 2011
Published: July 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Safety FirstSafety FirstSafety First

Michelle donned the appropriate gear for her construction project.
Welcome to Seattle

Michelle's first choice in Seattle was the Children's Museum. Seattle has a huge 22,000 sq ft Children's museum with tons of things to do. We spent almost 5 hours there with only a quick break for lunch. Her first stop was the life sized erector set in the construction room. Her tunnel was very nice. We also went bird watching, visited far off cities, worked behind the scenes in a theater, made sandwiches, created with clay, explored physics and constructed with Legos. Not bad for a children's museum.

After the Children's Museum we rode the monorail to downtown Seattle. From the station we walked to the city library to read some books and use the computers. The Library had a challenge to find a green sheep somewhere in the children's section. Michelle decided it was by the knitting books and sure enough there it was.

After the library we headed back to the hotel to meet up with Tony and get some dinner. Tony and Michelle were both super tired so it was early to bed for us. Tomorrow will be another fun filled day in Seattle.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Fun with MathFun with Math
Fun with Math

Anne Found something to play with, paint cans. Two pints in a quart, four quarts in a gallon.
Finished projectFinished project
Finished project

Michelle's tunnel project was a great success.
MonorailMonorail
Monorail

Michelle enjoyed sitting in the very front with the driver on the way back to the Seattle Center.


Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.131s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb