West Coast Trip 2011 - Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
July 25th 2011
Published: July 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rise and Shine!Rise and Shine!Rise and Shine!

Good morning sleepy heads. The beds are not too bad, plus the train rocks you to sleep.
On the Train - aaaaalllll daaaaay

The sleeper car has been very nice, much better than coach. There has been some beautiful scenery as we pass through Northern California, Oregon and Washington. Trees, lots and lots of trees.

It's been a low key day with the main excitment being meals in the dinning car. They are included in the sleeper car price so we get to order anything we want.

When we stopped at Klamath Falls Michelle and Anne worked off some energy by racing up and down the platform. Michelle won everytime. We also managed to make up the 90 minutes we lost at the begining of the trip and arrived in Seattle a little bit early. A trip to Whole Foods, a good night's sleep and Michelle and Anne be ready to explore Seattle in the morning while Tony heads to the office.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Comfy?Comfy?
Comfy?

The sleeping car rooms are a great place to catch up on your reading.
Trees!Trees!
Trees!

I spy something green, and tall, and green.
Let's eat!Let's eat!
Let's eat!

We ate 4 times during the train ride. Each time was an adventure in physics.


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb