Sunny Day in gorgeous Zion National Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Utah » Zion National Park
January 20th 2014
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 37.2012, -112.989

This does seem like a whirlwind trip and it was. We do not usually travel this fast but this was a spur of the moment trip out to Lake Powell. The problem is, once you get out here, you want to keep going to all the places you love out here.

So we did on a very quick and small scale. We were staying at the Pioneer Inn on the edge of Zion National Park and they had a discounted breakfast so we went and fortified ourselves and headed into the park. Free day at the park and it was a beautiful day and there were lots of people taking advantage of the day.

Parked the car, got the bicycles out and did a short ride through the campground area. Careful, now keep an eye on the road while you are bicycling! Hard to do when you are also gazing at all the beautiful cliffsides!

Loaded the bikes back up and drove up the canyon. Because it is winter, the road is open to cars and the free bus is not running. It is so glorious driving through the canyon. On a regular trip, we like to bike up to the Lodge and coast back down. Because of Laura's foot, we did not bike the 6+ miles but instead drove it.

Got to the Lodge and once again, people everywhere enjoying the beautiful sunshiny day! Children everywhere running and laughing and having fun. Had lunch in the lodge and then headed out towards Lee's Ferry. Took the Smithsonian Byway again and came down the plateau down to Lee's Ferry where the trips through the Grand Canyon begin.

Checked into the Marble Canyon Lodge and walked back over to have dinner. The big restaurant had burned down and they were operating out of the back of the store/gas station. The food was fine and they served wine so who could ask for more!?

Back to room to get some rest before the next adventure!



Additional photos below
Photos: 105, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.091s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb