For lovers of the great outdoors, Utah is the ultimate destination. Whether is skiing perfect powder, mountain biking the desert, challenging some of the best whitewater in the United States, riding a horse through remote canyons, driving remote dirt tracks, hiking in spectacular National Parks, or just seeing amazing scenery from the windows of your car, Utah has it on unbelievable scales. Here, the earth has been crumpled into high mountains, carved into deep canyons, and eroded into every formation possible; spectacular arches, natural bridges, and hoodoos included.
Highlights from Utah
- Zion National Park: Spectacular narrow canyon surrounded by red and white sandstone monoliths. Hiking trails range from an hour ramble along the river to multi-day backpacks through remote canyons
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Amphitheaters filled with hoodoos, red spires eroded in long rows; one of the weirdest landscapes on earth.
- Moab: The center for Utah adventure travel with dozens of guides and outfitters. The surrounding area contains hundreds of square miles of spectacular public land, including Arches and Canyonlands National Parks
- Salt Lake City: Utah's laid back capitol, and headquarters of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
- Snow sports: Northern Utah holds some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the United States, less than two hours from the Salt Lake City airport
- Highway 12: This roadway in southern Utah passes through some of the most jaw dropping scenery in existence between Zion, Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef National Parks, plus Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument