Days 3 and 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
May 24th 2009
Published: May 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the delay with the last posting. I did not enter all of the information that they wanted when I saved it, so it did not post. We spent Thursday morning Medford with Reto Buehler, Ed's favorite gunsmith. By the way Blake, Ed got to hold a Holland and Holland rifle. He was very excited by all of the "gun porn" (that's what I call it when he drools all over the beautiful rifles). We made good time getting to Portland. But, Oregon tries to support it's economy with road construction. We figure they must get a huge discount on the orange cones, ther are thousands of them! Oregon drivers are very courtous and obey the speed limits. It drives an aggresive driver like Ed crazy! I just keep asking him... Want a banana? That is our standing joke. Enjoy the journey, it's not just about the destination!
We arrived in Portland around 4:00pm. We spent the afternoon catching up and visiting with Dana and Hansel. That night we went out to dinner at a little cafe that had fantastic food. It had a roasted chicken pot pie that was sooo yummy! We enjoyed our dinners so much we couldn't even eat desert.
Everyone was moving slow this morning. Dana made a late breakfast and the girls ran away from home. When we got here, we discovered thst the refridgerator was not geting cold. We left the boys to work on the electrical. Our main stop was a yarn shop where you choose the individual strands and they sprin it together for you to form the cone or skein. I am going to make a shawl while we are gone. You know, I always need a project! By the time we got back, the camper was fixed. Tonight we are going to bar-b-que and enjoy the nice Portland weather.
It looks like we will leave on Monday for the border. (Canada!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb