Oregon 2018. Cottage Grove.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Cottage Grove
September 11th 2018
Published: September 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Oregon 2018 Cottage Grove.
Rain overnight and the sky was dull when we awoke at 6.15 from a deep sleep. Leona’s Restaurant was our only choice for breakfast, it was bright and clean and the service OK. The food was good but I think we took them unawares since it took 50 minutes for the first food to arrive and mine was last at 70 minutes. The bill took 12 minute to work out so 1hr 40 minutes in total. Good job we went early. Away to a full start up the hill with damp roads but at least it was not raining. The sun got out at about 10.30 and it was quite pleasant following the Umpqua River all the way to Elkton. We saw a couple of elks in a field and then further on a whole herd of them next to a barn with a big buck guarding them from invading males. What a rotten trick. A coffee and fresh donut stop was called for by the Z team, which went down very well at the Scottsburg supermarket. There were a few road works on the way with traffic controls. One lady with a stop sign wore a hard hat covered with the words ’Caffeine is not a crime’, which is just as well or otherwise we are in big trouble. Elkton called for chicken noodle soup and sandwich at Arlene’s cafe to coax us onwards along Highway 38. Several of us saw Turkey buzzards eyeing us up today, luckily no one fell off their bikes. Others saw a a Bald Eagle. Some people have all the luck, or perhaps they are the observant ones. We saw a large Dalek shaped structure at the roadside and still don’t know what is was. The worst bit was travelling on Highway 5 for a few miles before taking the 99 for the last 6 miles, which was thankfully downhill into Cottage Grove. The Village Green Motel was quite nice with good beds and good pillows (very important). Dinner at the Vintage Inn around the corner. Very good food and excellent service which can be recommended. Like everywhere in the US the meals are too much for us and would often be better shared. I had to leave some of my meal - unheard of until now. Now get to bed ready for the hard day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement








Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb