#Fab5 the masters of The Strip


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
April 28th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.0846, -115.172

The day started slowly. Took the team a little while to assemble with the growing number of team artefacts....the rings, the glasses, the drink bottles, the undies and of course good old BJ. But finally ready and attacked the lobby and visited the flamingoes in the garden area and in the foyer shops...interspersed with grabbing breakfast.

And of course lots of pictures...with Julie's pink glasses.

There were people everywhere on The Strip and after the wild up and down dash in the dark of last night it was time to start exploring the wonders when we weren't blind! First stop Paris and an ooh la la look at the other femme fatales, the night sky, the pastry shops, jewellers and clothing boutiques followed by a speedy zip through Bally's. Back outside for the obligatory Eiffel Tower views and the pic at the Arc de Triumph.

Onto Planet Hollywood, a quick run through the shops of the Magic Mile laced of course with toilet stops (never ending mission). Denise was looking for a bargain in the "beer with a twist" department and ran into a fellow Aussie who also wanted to quench his thirst. The beers were $3 each but only $5 for two...so Denise made the Aussie an offer he couldn't refuse (sorry Bill) and they split the bill. Saved a whopping 50 cents and Denise was in seventh heaven, living the dream, swigging on a BudLight with a twist of lime in the bright sunshine of Vegas and squawking BJ - all under the shade of a polka dot umbrella. Had everyone wishing they were 60!

That was just the side show to the real mission of the day - getting the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam tickets. This involved lots of backwards and forwards price comparisons and haggling but eventually swayed by the statistics of "safety reports" the deal was done they were booked. This was just in time for lunch. Not a bad morning's work really.

MGM was in full swing because it is hosting "the fight of the century" this weekend. The fight is the talk of the town with posters and promotions everywhere. We weren't interested in the fight, just wanted to get a picture of the "animal chairs" so we pulled up a booth in the Rainforest Cafe. Sitting in the darkened rainforest with menus presented in 10 point font the #Fab5 had to be creative. Mobile phones are deployed as torches so the old girls can read! Otherwise we'd starve.

Under the waterfall we chomped and munched our way through another oversized meal hosted by the beautiful Mindy (there is another one in the world). We have a bit of a plan going now...share the meals, take the tops off the buns from the burger meals and donate them to the bread-less ones in the team for their dipping sauce and pass all the pickles and chillies to Denise and Von. Of course there is the bill... after few hapless starts in Los Angeles, the bill is now managed with calculators - includes taxes and tips and for once...we got it right!

The obligatory photo shoot is on - chairs are lined up - cameras set up. We make a bit of a scene but you know, it really doesn't matter here because everyone is smiling and laughing and having just as good a time as we are.

Tickets for tonight's show are nailed and #Fab5-1 head back for a rest and shower. Jan finds a corner slot machine in Planet Hollywood convinced the jackpot is on the next spin. After an hour - game over - and just a measly 15 cents left out of $40 but it was fun! I wonder if the other four have guessed where the missing one was hiding?

A variety show tonight. A history of The Strip featuring the music of the Rat Pack. Lots of energy, familiar songs, Vegas Showgirls with long legs and tight butts, a special bird act for BJ ( yep trained birds singing and flying through hoops...go figure), magicians (just for Jan), a version of Elvis ( for Julie), acrobats and a hoola hoop girl. You've gotta do it once! Just because you can.

Late dinner at Magaritaville (Carolyn was in search of Euphoria), followed by the volcanic eruption at The Mirage and dessert at Harrahs in The Piano Bar. A sneak peak at the outside of the Venetian and that is Tuesday.

And just when you think the night is over - out come the late birthday presents....Paul Frank "I Love Vegas" pjs for Denise and a pink flamingo Pandora charm for Jan. Lots of hugs. The #Fab5 truly plan to be "Fabulous Forever."

And we have declared the OFFICIAL END to all April birthdays for this trip! "We are done!"

The evening closed at 1.30 am. Not bad for a bunch of oldies.

#Fab5 #hardwork #doingittough #stilllaughhing


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



30th April 2015

Hi Love.....well just back from our cruise & have found the time to sit & read your blogs so far......what I want to know is WHY AM I NOT WITH YOU !!!!!!! What a Fabulous time the Fab Five are having....go girls !!!! I have had to c
hange my undies several times reading about your 'adventures'.....Jan, your 'lost item' story really is the funniest thing I've ever heard !! I'm sooooo looking forward to tomorrow's entry.....love & hugs......xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
1st May 2015

That's just a fake the real Euphoria is at home here looking as neat as a new pin after having her bottom attended to and top sides polished. Great blog Wise One!You aul take care now ! Xxxxx

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb