For most travelers, Nevada means only one place: Las Vegas. A glittering surreal world of gambling and entertainment on a grand scale, the city is unlike any other on earth. The rest of the state holds delights for those who seek them out: stark empty deserts, pioneer history, ghost towns, and even UFO conspiracies.
Highlights from Nevada
- Las Vegas A city of entertainment on a grand scale, with giant casinos, excellent shows, luxury shopping, endless gambling, and anything else a traveler could want
- Carson City Nevada's capitol, with extensive historic sites on the silver rush that settled the state practically overnight
- Hoover Dam Gigantic dam on the Colorado River near Las Vegas that changed the history of the southwest
- Great Basin National Park Remote national park preserving stark high-desert landscapes
- Reno Nevada's other major set of casinos, where most activity revolves around gambling, plus a few good museums.
- Burning Man Festival celebrating self-expression, self-reliance, and community, where people build the third largest city in Nevada in the middle of an inhospitable desert for a week. Held the week leading up to Labor Day in late August.
Hints and Tips for Nevada
<Missing Content: tb_location_hintsntips_31_>