Finding MindyMoo in CountryTwo


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
April 30th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.1183, -122.954

Mac did the flight SOLO because of the #Fab5 #Doing60 trip but his organization was perfect and found his way to the airport with no problems.
It was a marathon 30 hours door to door.
WIth the usual uber taxi service of Michael it was all aboard for the flight and with a couple of movies, a book, a few meals and some chit chat with the neighbours, the hours went by quickly and it was time to line up in the security area for a brisk run through Los Angeles to join the WestJet leg to Vancouver.
Another foray in security this time in the beautiful Vancouver airport. Straight outside to the bus stop and the last part of the journey was the winding climb along the Sea to Sky Highway to Whistler taking in the amazing sweep of the ocean, the towering mountains and the tension of driving on the "wrong side" of the road.
Thank goodness for Wi-Fi because it meant that each leg of the journey was marked by landscape that Mindy could name: the traffic of Vancouver, a first look at Lion's Gate, the mining museum, the railway tracks of the Rocky Mountaineer, the waterfall, the chief, Walmart and gondola at Squamish, Creekside and eventually Whistler.
And as the height increased, so did the visibility of the snow that covered the peaks.
With a final taxi ride it was home at last to The Aspens and Mindy and Ian! It was a welcome with a Sailor Jerry - the first of many to come!
So Mac got the first look at the new country. The first view of the mountains and the snow. And the first kisses!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb