Day 4 - XMAS Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
December 25th 2010
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

XMAS Lunch at Salsa Cantina @ Planet HollywoodXMAS Lunch at Salsa Cantina @ Planet HollywoodXMAS Lunch at Salsa Cantina @ Planet Hollywood

This is actually indoors if you can believe what Vegas can do with your imagination !
Early start at 6AM as Luke got up with nose bleed and dirty sheets, but back to sleep and Dad up last at 10AM. Opened the pressies and Luke was super excited to get his Miami Heat T-Shirt which I had order from USA to be shipped to Australia and taken back to USA to give to him ! He was also excited about receiving the tickets for Atlanta Hawks Vs Milwaukee Bucks NBA game, and his Lakers Beanie and pyjamas. He also got the Stevie Gerrard book, and a Camera which he seemed to think was cool. Elise had a camera too (pink one), some earrings, tickets to see the Lion King Show at Mandalay Bay for tomorrow, a book about a dog as well. Kerry had the IPOD Audiobook and the Bose headphones.

I bought myself the Bose Headphones, and I got a Casino Chip Cushion Seat which I had said was cool when Kerry & I went for a walk to the Pharmacy the other night (she does listen !). I also got two Rego / Licence Plates (Arizona and Nevada) I’m going to start putting these up in Bali Hut (inside the roof).

Finally we gave them the tickets for the Grand Canyon Tour we are doing on 27th December and they were really excited.

Then I tried ringing up to get Cell Phones activated and it worked fine. Eventually went to Miracle Mile Shops around 2PM to get lunch at the Mexican place we had been to for breakfast the last time we were here in 2007. Had an inside table so Luke could catch the NBA (Kobe sets up a dunk for opening basket by the big left handed guy Odom is his name). Heat would soon start dominating and end up winning easily with Luke wearing his LeBron jersey as he was MVP with a triple double on XMAS day.

I had my first Fajitas and it was OK (good way to kept the tortillas warm and soft). Kerry and Elise has Burrito’s (huge) and Luke had some Tacos.

Then went around shops to ABC and Luke wanted to watch the game so I took him back to the Hotel and he watched the game as I went back to the shops. Kerry, Elise & I then went over to Bellagio to catch the 5PM water show and got a good location looking back towards Paris and Eiffel Tower. Water Display only went for 5 minutes and was great with water sprouting really high but I was getting frustrated as I could not get my flash to work at all. Then fought with the big crowds inside Bellagio to see their great XMAS display. People everywhere ! Walked out the back to go to Monorail to Monte Carlo but managed to see a walkway to City Centre so we did that and whilst it was a long way round there was no-on else doing it so a relaxed and quiet walk. City Centre and the adjoining Cosmopolitan twin buildings which just opened are huge developments. Got back to the room around 6PM.

Checked out where I could find a Denny’s for Elise and saw one on Tropicana heading out to the suburbs away from the crowds. Decided to try and see the Ethel Chocolate Factory Lights at Henderson as well.

Dinner was OK waitress grabbed my Coke before I had finished (I was just about to get cranky and then she brought me a full one !) whilst the girls had big Milkshakes. Elise & I had Fish with salad for a heathy option. Kerry had chicken noodle soup. Luke had a burger. When I paid the bill she asked where we were from. I asked her to guess. She said "talk some more". I said g’day thinking she will get it. She said were either Bulgarian or Russian !

Thanks to Tom Tom we then ventured out to the edge of the suburbs to Ethel M Chocolate factory. It was closed but it has a huge fairly light display with over 5M lights which they have covered thousands of cactus plants. Yes that is right 5 Million lights ! It was freezing cold here at night so did not stay too long and when we drove back I could not resist stopping to get a classic photo of PT's Pub (I did not go in as they probably serve side orders of fate conditions !) Luke used his camera to try out some HD Video so I've added a video clip to show his skills.

I guess the cold is a taste of things to come ! Kids were busy using their new cameras so that was cool. Luke was upset as he failed to take moving shots of either Fat Burger or Walmart on the ride home. But he looks to back to his old self as he was farting and annoying Elise.

Finished typing this at 1am after checking the Cricket score (how embarrassing all out for 98 and Poms at stumps 0/157 !!!! We’ve lost the Ashes on Day 1.

Tomorrow I'm planning my 3rd shopping trip to the Factory Outlet, and it's time for the girls to see the Lion King show.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb