day 20 - chicago to las vegas, nevada


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 9th 2010
Published: June 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

so the alarm went off at 3:30am to repack our bags, organise our cab and say our goodbyes.
we were sorted and ready by 4am, said our goodbyes to poor mel who had to be up in a few hours for bags to coach at 7:45.
we jumped in the cab and 25minutes later we were at the aiport. we checked in and waited round for our 6am flight. unfortunately it wasnt direct, we had to go via denver, colorado and get on a different plane.
we arrived in las vegas, nevada by about 9am.
we collected our bags and made our way out to the shuttle to go to rons hotel at the flamingo. he didnt have to check out til 11am so we got freshened up, had a quick chat then decided to make our way down to our hotel for the night, paris las vegas.
check in here wasnt for another 5hours, at 4pm but we went up to ask and they let us check in at 11am for no extra charge as the room was ready anyway.
so we chucked our bags in and decided to get some lunch at a little cafe at the bottom of the eiffel tower called Mon Abi Gabi. it was nice, had a lovely chicken blt sandwich. after lunch we decided to jump on the bus to go out to outlets #1 on the south side of the strip.
got some good stuff here, we were there for a while before jumping back on the bus, down the strip to the complete opposite end of it, at the north end, past fremont street to the other lot of outlets. again, got a few things here before heading back to paris finally by about 7pm.
absolutely knackerd and wish very little sleep we got ready and went down to the buffet area at paris. they have this deal thing that gives you 24hours access to 7 different buffets on at different hotels on the strip for only $40. so we decided to do that as our meals were costing like 15-20 each time anyway.
there was so much good food i felt ill by the end. and then there was desert...mm.
after this we decided to ride to the top of the eiffel tower. we got the most magnificent views but it was windy as hell up there, and hot, it was still like 35 degrees at like 11pm.
after this we went back to the room where i stayed while ron and mary went to the palms hotel to check out ghostbar. id been last time so gave it a miss and decided on a snooze while they were gone. they got back at about 1:45am when we then made our way down to the Wynn hotel to check out the mother club of the one we'd been to in Toronto called Tryst. Unfortunately as it was only wednesday it was closed. dodgy. so then we went next door to the Encore hotel, all we found was a club that wanted to charge us $30 each to get in, at 2am, i dont think so.
so we ventured back to the Polazzo hotel where mary tried her luck at roulette. when it got to 4am id had enough, ron and i walked back to the hotel which was just up the rad, stopping in at maccas on the way. by memory, i think mary walked in around 6 or 7am.


Advertisement



13th June 2010

Can't believe you stayed at Paris Las Vegas! Lucky thing! I went there when we were there last year and went up the Eiffel Tower. Stunning views of the Bellagio fountains opposite isn't it? I went during the day, but I bet it looked really gorgeous at night too.

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb