day 19 - chicago, illinois


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
June 8th 2010
Published: June 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

we woke this morning feeling very sorry for ourselves. im pretty sure it was the lack of sleep more than anything that was hurting me.
we were up and ready in the lobby for 9:30am for jerry to drop us down at navy pier for our architectural cruise. this went for a little over an hour and would have been so so good if it hadnt have been absolutely pouring with rain. as we had no unbrellas, after the cruise we decided to head to the shops in the hope that the rain would clear by the afternoon and we could do some sightseeing... it didnt. it rained the whole day, and not just a spit, a decent amount of rain.
we shopped and had a late lunch then decided to head back to the hotel and found some umbrellas before walking up to the designer shoe and bag warehouse, DSW.
we spent abit of time here before venturing into a shop we hadnt heard of called marshalls.
it was amazing. it was all these big brands for very very cheap. i got two pair of kenneth cole sunglasses for $13 each... bargain!! and i got a Guess travel toiletries bag for only $9.99.
mel and i ventured into victoria secret on the way back to stock up on undies (as they are so much cheaper than undies at home) then we made our way back to the hotel. we got ready to go to our last included dinner. tonight we walked to the restaurant as it was just around the corner, it was a pizza place called Giordanos. they have a pizza that it like 3 fingers high. it had base, then cheese, then like more base then a plain topping. it was soooo gross. wayy too much cheese, gimme just plain pepperoni any day.
after this we headed to a blues club. its called kingston mines and its chicagos oldest and biggest blues club. most of the group headed here, just a for a few last bevies together.
mel and i discovered that they had a the drink called the hurricane. on my last visit to the states i had some of these in new orleans. this was a slightly varied version but basically in it was a shot of malibu, a shot of bacardi, and a shot of another rum mixed with pineapple juice and another type of juice. so basically for only $6 you get 3 shots of booze...lethal.
we only had 2 (within maybe 30minutes) and we'd reached giggle point. so that was it for the night. we left the club about 11:30pm and on the walk back to the hotel mel and i stopped in at the chicago fire dept for a photo on the truck. the guys didnt mind, and one of them had an 18month old boxer dog that just wanted to play with people, he was so cute.
we got back to the hotel and so mel didnt wake her room mate at 4am when we were leaving for the airport she slept in our (mary and mine) room.
we got to sleep mayb just after 12:30 and the alarm was set for 3:30am to finishing packing our stuff.

Advertisement



13th June 2010

Is it wrong that I would actually quite like to try that pizza?! lol

Tot: 0.449s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb