It's raining, it's pouring, Vegas is snoring...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
January 19th 2010
Published: January 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

although I could go crazy at everything that blinks and shines, it was kind of dull being in the Nevada desert and getting soaked through if putting a foot outside the door. We weren't 100% fit yet either and it was damn cold! So after we'd ordered plane pasta for 20 $, something we could manage to eat carefully, we drove up and down the Las Vegas Blvd. Saw Caesars Palace, little Venice, played some machines, didn't win a dime and went to bed early watching Japanese TV. I guess we'll have to come back for the party another time. The shows were boring, food was expensive, we couldn't take it anyway and it was too cold and wet to wander about. The lights were nice though!

The drive there had been menacing! The Hoover Damm was closed and the roads were flooded. We drove through some strange valley with loads of blinking warning signs we didn't quite understand and were heading for a massive bridge, thinking shit, this can't be right. We were the only ones on the road at that time! We had no idea if we should of turned off earlier, thinking they must of closed the road if they didn't want us here, or would they just put up a sign in the dark saying "Hoover Damm is closed"? Which they did. But Olly got us there safely as usual, even if he was still sick and pumped with the drugs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

ParisParis
Paris

of course


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0649s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb