Severe food poisoning


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tombstone
January 17th 2010
Published: January 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yes, very funny...

It's all about food...

Now it may look like all we're doing is eating, especially junk food. But actually we are just having one warm meal a day, if at all. Mostly we are living off apples, nuts and other healthy snacks on the road. But now and then, especially after long and exhausting sightseeing walks like NY in a day, we just need something to stick our teeth into! Problem is, mostly all you can get in America that is eatable and affordable is junk food.
We were in Tombstone on the 17th. We arrived early and had seen everything by 3pm. It was interesting but quite Disney Land like. We saw the old silver mine that had made the city rich, the bird cage theater and all the sights. Olly didn't find the cowboy hat he wanted, no one really got shot and there were no ghosts either. I thought, how terribly boring it must be to live in this time hole. Although the surroundings are impressively wild and beautiful. But then of course we were hungry and there was this restaurant, Six-Gun City Wild West Show, with some snacks and of course a wild west show. We watched the poor display and both ate a small snack. At 9:30pm I called the ambulance for Olly. We were in hospital until 5am. Olly was ill first but then it got me just the same. The doc. told us we had severe food poisoning, we have to take antibiotics for five days and got some very expensive medications against nausea. The day after we spent the entire day in bed. That meant we had to pay the hotel double and missed our trip to the Grand Canyon. Next day we felt well enough to get back on the road. We reached Las Vegas that evening, hoping to feel even better next day. I don't think I can get on that roller coaster in Vegas anymore though!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Stupid helmetStupid helmet
Stupid helmet

on the way to the mine
BoothillBoothill
Boothill

Famous Graveyard
Famous DeadFamous Dead
Famous Dead

Killed...lynched...murderd...shot...killed by Indians...executed There was one who died of a natural course


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 75; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb