Day 2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
July 2nd 2009
Published: July 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

LION!LION!LION!

The lions inside MGM Grand Hotel
Temp: Bloody hot!!

Day 2 didnt start out so well as though even though id had about 5 hrs sleep in the previous 48 hours, i still couldnt sleep! i added mayb about 3hrs onto that with last night. Soldiering on, we were up at 10ish as karen wanted to catch the bus out to a place called 'Fryers' which kinda like Harvey Norman but bigger and better. This was because even though her mobile was working in Auckland, NZ it had decided it wasn't going to work here. So we were in search of either some help or an alternative. Here we were to find a prepaid nokia phone with $15 credit for only $30! Bargin! and the texting and calling home is cheaper! With that problem solved I headed over to the nerdynerds for them to help me figure out why my lil laptop wasnt working. The guy had the same thought as myself in that going through the xray machine at the airport, it had wiped it. blahhhh. In discovering this I rang home (once again) to seek a solution...dad to the rescue once again! (that's now how I am catching up on these blogs!)

My
MJ!MJ!MJ!

Me with a Michael Jackson lookalike
friend Sophie was arriving from Vancouver, BC at just before 3pm so we took another look around the city of lights. We found the super cute lions at MGM, Michael Jackson resurected hanging outside Coca Cola world, played some 1c and 5c machines and saw the fountain show outside the Bellagio. We collected our gear and headed to Circus Circus where we are staying for 3 more nights. As we'd moved to another part of the strip we went for a walk. Found Treasure Island, The Mirage, The Venitian, 'The Crazy Girls' outside The Riviera then made our way back to Circus Circus for dinner. FYI every meal here is massive! Where's a male when you need them to finish them off!! Right now its 12:49am and I have to be ready to be picked up at 6:20am for our day trip out to the Grand Canyon.

Hope all is well back home and I commend you if you've made it to this point!
Love Love,
Mich x


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Wynn HotelWynn Hotel
Wynn Hotel

The Wynn Hotel
Sigfried and Roy StatueSigfried and Roy Statue
Sigfried and Roy Statue

outside their secret garden
Treasure Island HotelTreasure Island Hotel
Treasure Island Hotel

The volcano eruption show outside the Treasure Island Hotel
The VenetianThe Venetian
The Venetian

Soph and I outside the Venetian Hotel
The Venetian HotelThe Venetian Hotel
The Venetian Hotel

The canals outside The Venetian Hotel


4th July 2009

fountain show
I read about this today in the paper... (tmoro for you =P ) Was it as good as I've read?? And if so would u mind checking it out again with me?? pps, think i'm gonna get a sim card over there... apparently u can get them at the airport... otherwise i'll just use a payphone to call ya when i get there :) ahh 2 weeks today!!
4th July 2009

keep 'em cummin
Great work Michelle, keep them coming, this is triffic for ppl like me who will have no chance of doing what you are.
4th July 2009

OMG! Your laptop is wiped?! F**k I dunno whether to bring mine now! It's got my LIFE on it! lol Failing that I'll have to have words with the security people to make sure it will be OK. I can't believe there are 1c and 5c machines! That's fantastic!! Re: "..where's a male when you need them to finish the meal off..." I shall be on my way soon!! lol And it doesn't sound as though we'll ever need 2 meals between us! lol x x x
7th July 2009

yeh it was sooo annoying, thank god dad was able to help me reset it and i dont save anything on it so that was ok. happy to share meals! they are hugeeeeee!
7th July 2009

GOOOOO Saints! and congrats on the settlement! didnt get a chance to see a show in vegas but still head back there on contiki so hopefully will find something! chked out madame tussauds yesterday.. loved it, not as big as the london one tho!
7th July 2009

Hey! im having to put the blogs up in groups coz cant always get net. am typing them up each day then just put them up when i get near some net so if u dont see any for a few days, theyll b on there soon! also, tell mum ive already done 2 postcards for her!
7th July 2009

hey hey! happy to see bellagio show as many times as u like, its on like every hour or every half hour (not sure!) and u gotta see it at day and night! loving it here man! ur gonna have a balllllll!! xo cu in a lil bit~!
10th July 2009

not enough gambling
Michelle there is not enough gambling here i want to here a story of you winning a fortune

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb