Sea World and Las Vegas, the two last legs of our trip...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Nevada » Las Vegas
June 26th 2007
Published: June 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Leslie went to Seaworld at the age of one...so now he is back as a big boy.

Hotels in San Dieogo were slightly overpriced for my planing, so we went on a long day, and one more time, Leslie made it perfectly well.

Wake up at 5.45am next to San Francisco airport...on the first United flight to San Diego. I rented a car...as we had to keep the growing luggages somewhere...and here we are in Sea World just before lunch. My third visit in 6 years, and this was the most crowded one. We managed to see all the shows excepted the pets....but after all this is SEA World....and saw everything else....good news, Leslie was not much interested by the rides, aka rollercoaster...so no need to waste time in queues there.

By 7pm we were back at the airport for our US Airways flight to Las Vegas...and as expected...or let said as hoped...Leslie did only crashed once in the plane.

So straight to the hotel for a good night sleep. This didn't stop Leslie to wake before 8 am as everyday....completely useless in Las Vegas for those in the know...

So what does Leslie think about Las Vegas...ouah...all these games...but not fair...only for the adults...he was not impressed by this at all!

On my side you are going to ask how much did I win or lose...sorry, didn't gamble at all...went for a gorgeous diner at Sensi at the Bellagio...and on even more shopping...I've got a full new wardrobe for Leslie and I.

Leslie was more than impressed by the Venetian, and the Wynn...and all those lights and shops around....and his little feet who start to struggle...so this afternoon it is swimming pool and relax time.

So today on the program, few more of these big hotels to cross...but the great finally of our Trip, KA from Cirque du Soleil at MGM Grand.

We started a relax day at the hotel....and the swimming pool, followed by a little tour of Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Excalibur and New York New York. But the last evening was worth everything else....Ka by Cirque du Soleil...first one for Leslie, my 6th Cirque du Soleil show. Leslie eyes went impressive for the total 90 minutes....

First, it was less feeric, less romantic than most other shows...and the music was not the best. But let me tell you, this is by far the most dramatic and technology advanced show I've seen from them. It's 90 minutes of non-stop WOW! You speak of a moving scene, and by moving, it move all the way....45 degrees, 90 degrees....the all stuff is really amazing. Get the DVD...or better, come to enjoy it in Las Vegas.


I'm writting these last lines from the airport, waiting our 1245am flight...Leslie is already asleep....


Then it will be straight to home through Chicago...3 nights in Shanghai, one afternoon in Bangkok, 3 nights in Saigon...and our next trips on this blog...Europe...you'll read us again in a few days...till then...enjoy life, live it to the best...and don't forget...it better be good...


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb