Salem Massachusetts


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Salem
March 10th 2024
Published: March 12th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Kasie had brunch with Pam and John. She is flying out later today and they will be heading to the airport. Pete, Lori and Sriracha took the train to the North Station. The plan was to go to Salem for the day. The train rail was getting an upgrade, so had to take a bus from the North Station to Swampscott. Had to ask staff at the train for the directions to the bus, but it was on schedule for the day. There was another couple that was asking for the same instructions to get to Salem at the North Station. We arrived at Swampscott early so had to wait for the train there. We took the train from Swampscott to Salem and then once in Salem we found a nice place for lunch. We headed to the Witch Museum. We toured the old house and read about the Witch Trials and the living standards of the day. After the Witch Museum we headed to the Peabody Essex Museum. The highlight of the museum was the Yin Yu Tang. A Chinese home that had been disassembled from the village of Huang Cun and then reassembled in the Salem Essex Museum. The home had been used over 200 years and had 8 generations of family. The home was filled with traditional furniture. The museum also had other fun art and history as well. After the museum we took a drive to Gloucester and drove past the Crow's Nest from the Perfect Storm. We had dinner on the way back to Woburn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 24; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb