North End and the Freedom Trail


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Massachusetts » Boston
March 9th 2024
Published: March 12th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Today we headed into Boston for some touring. We took the regular Uber (not Uber John) to the Anderson/Woburn Train Station. We had a short wait for the train. We had purchased our weekend pass on the mTicket app. As the train conductor came around Sarah’s phone froze and it was stuck. It was not even able to do a full shutdown. The conductor said he would come back to check the ticket later. Eventually during the train ride after a utube video Sarah got her phone reset. We arrived at North Station. We disembarked and headed to the subway station to purchase our CharlieCard. We bought the day pass that allows unlimited rides for the day. We took the train to downtown area and had some coffee and treats at a coffee shop. Pete, Sarah and Kasie hopped on some stationary bikes that played loud music if you pedaled fast enough. We got back on the train and headed towards the North End. We went to Paul Revere’s house and to the Old North Church. We met up with Pam and John for lunch at Carmelita’s. We hiked part of the Freedom Trail and then headed back to Sam Adam’s for some refreshments. We parted ways with Pam and John and headed to the subway. Part of the Orange Line was shut down so had to take Blue and Green lines to get back to North Station. We probably could have walked there quicker but it was windy and we had the pass for the day anyway. We got to the North Station and headed to the Train Station. We were joined by the crowd from the Bruins game. Once back in Woburn we took the Uber to Surf Woburn for dinner. Everyone had their fill of seafood. We walked back to the hotel after dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb