universal, Loews pacific resort and two parks, non stop action.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
July 8th 2012
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are all exhausted. The heat and long hectic days are starting to take their toll on us all. This has been the most hectic part of the trip by far, though the week in London was pretty full on.

The parks open at 8 which means we can enter at 7, which means we are up at 6, a quick breakfast on the run and head to the water taxi for 7, the earliest we have made it into a park is about 7.10am, it's just insane,!!! However, early entry means less heat and no one around, no queues. staying at the resort means that we get priority access every time for every ride, if you don't stay in the resort you has e to pay for the express pass, their equivaent of disneys fast pass. It would have cost 1000.00 for the fourdays for the 4 of us, so it really was a good idea to stay in the resort. The only ride you can't use it on is the Harry potter ride, my favourite in any of the parks, sooooo scary, loved it. The whole Harry potter thing is huge, I'm not the greatest HP fan but the Hogsmead village and Hogwarts was VERY impressive. The butter beer was a great frozen breakfast- a little like butter scotch.



The brand new despicable me ride opened this week? It was ok and clever but not worth the 2 hours some people were waiting in line for, madness.



Universal are not as organised and efficient as Disney with the whole park thing, though smaller parks at universal means less walking, also express pass means less criss crossing the park to get on to ride as you don't have to get a pass and return later, once your there your on, well most of the time unless the ride is shut due to crowds etc.



Beside the theme parks and the attached shopping we went to the movies and saw Brave - Excellent. The kids and Greg went to see spiderman while I snuck off to see Woody Allens latest - to rome with love. A lovely tribute to Rome that made me miss it even more - lots if been there moments.

I some how ended up with food poisoning the night before we left, luckily I was OK for departure - our last day saw us re-riding all the wet rides- dudley doright saw falls 7 times in a row - so wet. The wetest ride was the bilge rat barges - like you'd been in a swimming pool fully clothed but so much fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0548s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb