Walt Disney World - Florida


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 1.



Off the ship and into the hire car for a 4 hour drive to DW via the Publix supermarket which was an experience in itself. How do people ever decide anything here - way too much to choose from.

Checked into the resort - over 1900 rooms - massive, thankfully we were on the ground floor. I unpacked as the boys returned the car. The airconditioning is FABBO, but stepping out of the room is like walking into an oven, even at 7pm. We took off to ride...... STAR TOURS, our first ride and we loved it - seriously not just me, we rode it 4 times the first night. We were all exhausted after a big travel day so left the park at about 9pm. Kasey got her Princess ears, i'm again overwhelmed by choice in the star wars shop and l leave with nothing vowing to return.



Day 2.

After my intense research for this part of the trip we were up at 7.00am and out the door at 7.45am and off the EPCOT. Transport from the resort to the parks (there are 4 different ones) is buses that run constantly. We are first in line and hang around for 1/2hour for the park to open. We go straight to soarin', an amazing flying ride and also grab fast passes to come back. Then head to misson space, ride it green (easy version)and all love it. We then try the orange version - and I'm sure I'm going to throw up - all from motion sickeness. However the rest of the family love it and go back to ride again after we have a second go at soarin. We also rode the Nemo ride - nice nad cool inside and no line. The Lion king attraction - as disney calls it was not so good, but again we were happy to sit down in a cool room. We loved the coke cool room - trying all different soft drinks from different countries.

By 12 the crowds were building so we'd seen all we'd hoped to see - we didn't see the 'worlds" as it was just tooooo hot. Maybe we'll get back one night when the sun vanishes but otherwise we weren't too worriedto miss them. We headed back for swimming and sleeping and re hydrating. At about 5pm we headed to Animal Kingdom, glad we'd not made that a major focus - really about the animals and not a lot of rides. We did ride the Kali river rapids, and had to wait 45 minutes to do so - another reason to go early. We all were absolutely soaked and headed back to the resort. Walking is a must for all the parks once inside but also lots of walking to get to the park from the bus and back to the resort from the bus and visa versa.



Day 3

Another up and out morning - made it to Magic Kingdom by about 8.40 - way more packed than epcot. headed to buzz, but not open!!! so we fast passed it and did splash mountain, then thunder mountain, then pirates of the caribbean, then buzz, then thunder mountain, then buzz, then world carousel, then mickeys 3d phillharmonic - the most amazing 3d movies we've ever seen - excellent. Finally space mountain. We love the fast pass system - though it did mean we went back and forward a lot of times - so extra walking but better than standing in the sun for an hour or more. The wait time for space mountain when we left was 90 minutes - yes people queued for that long to ride a 5 minute ride. We were back at the resort for a late lunch by about 2.45pm. Kasey grabbed a minnie mouse to take home - but as usual I couldn't decide on anything - so much stuff!!!!!



Day 4

Early start yet again to go to Hollywood studios, early opening meant we headed straight for the new toy story ride. Grabbed a FP and rode theamazing shooting gallery ride. Way way better than buzz at Epcot. Then we went and saw myer great movie ride, which wasn't great at all, also saw little mermaid, underwhelming, rode toy story one more time, I topped the score with 132000 points, go mum.



We then grabbed the star tours FP and went and saw the car stunt show, excellent but sitting out side very hot. Went and rode Star tours, got another Fo and that's what we did for the rest of our time there, grabbed FP as soon as the hour clicked over and we rode the star tours ride 5 times today!!!!! The last two were the best ride with new endings we hadn't seen before and we got to go to Hoth both times. both Greg and Kasey were picked as the rebel spy over the course of riding today which made it even more fun.

We also saw the Indiana jones stunt show, ok and the awful backlot tour. But it did mean more fp's for star tours!!!!!!! Al the research paid off again today, no queues , getting there early really really makes a difference. Knowing what to ride and what to avoid is also a big help.

By the time we left the park it was almost 4pm, the heat is wearing Greg and I out, not the kids though they still are full of energy and want to go swimming, we've had a very late lunch and wil head to the pool in the next hour or so. Kids are having technology time as am I doing this while Greg is sleeping.

favourite thing of the day was our Fabbo star wars photo shoot, it makes me laugh every time I see it!!

Note, the precious is slowly falling apart, she's lost 4 "diamonds" so far, hope she makes it home.



day 5 - 4th of July

Off to the kennedy space centre - a life long dream for me that I dragged everyone to. Everyone enjoyed it and nice not to be at a theme park.



day 6 - cross over from disney to Universal


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 26


Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb