Hollywood and Epcot


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
March 4th 2009
Published: March 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


March 4, Wednesday

Deb and I rode the shuttle bus to Hollywood Studios theme park and began another fun day with Mickey and friends. I was chosen to play a walk-on extra part/role at the Indiana Jones stunt show. I got to dress up as an Arabian shopper, and got to be on stage close to the action. It was lots of fun. This park had lots of things to do, but we had to cut the day a little short at the park because we had tickets for the 6 o'clock showing of the Cirque de Soleil in Downtown Disney. We caught a shuttle to one of the resort hotels, then rode another one to Downtown Disney and walked the entire length to the theater. The show was amazing ! If you ever get the chance you MUST go see this show. Lots of great aerialists, acrobats, funny clowns, little girls flipping some kind of roller thing on strings while they do front and back flips.... the trampoline extravaganza was worth the money all by itself. After the show we did a little window shopping at the market area, and then caught a cab back to the Sheraton. Another magical day in Disney.

March 5, Thursday

This was our final day of Disney. We took the shuttle to Epcot and had another amazing day riding the rides, seeing the movies and wandering through all the little shops. The video about Canada, with Martin Short, was great, a real tribute. We rode all the rides we wanted to, and the longest wait was about 20 minutes ! If you go to Disney, make sure it's before the spring break season. What a great time. The shuttle took us back to the hotel, and we turned in, tired from so much walking, but happy for yet another great day.

March 6, Friday

We packed Bear again, and headed north and west. First we had to stop in at Disney Lost and Found - I had left my green cap on a ride, and since it was the hat we'd had custom embroidered in Vancouver, I was loathe to just let it be gone. Happily they had it, so after retrieving it, we took off to see how far we felt like going. We were riding up along the gulf coast again, and I noticed a state park sign. I figured it was worth a try - so once again we were blessed with some trail magic - they had a tent site available for one night. Manatee Springs State Park was another beautiful and clean park - we set up camp, rode back to town for a Chinese dinner, and then back for a nice campfire and bed.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb