Chill Out Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Desoto
February 5th 2013
Published: February 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Chill out day



We rose about 7:45 and had wonderful coffee and GMA. It’s Tuesday and we have to move today to another campsite, same campground just another site. I booked this campground late and was lucky to find 2 nights in 1 site and one in another. The people that occupied the site didn’t leave, supposed to be out by 11 so Dee and I went to the beach with both vehicles. We did the dog beach so Oscar could come with us and the weather was wonderful so we donned our bathing suits, got water and chairs and settled on the dog beach.

People here just let their dogs run all over, including your spot, towel, food and all. Some are rather rude, it’s a real free for all. So we settled at the very end hoping we would be left alone as Oscar is not eager to make friends with all the big dogs. There were labs that were just having a ball running into the water to chase a ball and others that just roamed the beach. Oscar didn’t want to be disturbed so he was not the most hospitable boy there.

The sun was brilliant and Dee and I really enjoyed the warmth and glow of the sun. We had salad for lunch, leftover, that really hit the spot. There were pelicans fishing and terns that had some success. We watched a fisherman pull up his pots, lobster or crabs, re bait them and on to the next one

After some shell hunting and sun bathing we decided to head back and check into our new campsite. It was on the water too but with mangrove bushes in front that blocked our water view but we could get into the water with a kayak from this site. I intended to launch my kayak from here but it didn’t happen. When we got settled it was cocktail hour so we settled into the chairs and enjoyed the water with jumping fish and diving birds.

After sunset we went to St Pete Beach to the store to get a few things then back and left over spaghetti, which was great.

Tomorrow is moving day again. Dee heads back home and I am going to join a LoWs campout about 1 ½ hrs from here.

Great day in the sun, enjoying the warmth.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb