Flight Home


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Mount Dora
February 6th 2013
Published: February 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Flight Home



The day was gorgeous but the mood was glum. Not quite that bad but sad anyway. Dee was going home today and I was going to miss my camping buddy and Oscar was going to be depressed for days. We tried to beat the cleaning people in the bathhouse but didn’t make it. So we puttered around camp a little, starting to pack up then when we saw the cart leave we bolted for the showers. And a glorious shower it was.

We took Oscar for a walk and Dee did the dishes and packed while I put the outside things away, disconnected the water and closed the outside doors.

We saw some people we met and said our good-byes to them.

The next stop was the dump station where all went well and we left right on time to get Dee to the airport on schedule.

It was an easy 50 min drive, we said our good-bys then we were off to Umailla. I am meeting the LoWs group for their monthly campout.

It was a 2 hour ride for me through old FL again, north of Tampa and a little east.

I found the Old Mill Stream Campground easily, checked in and was escorted to their rally field which was a big open field with electric and water hook-ups and a meeting room with a kitchen and restrooms. They were wonderful facilities, nice and clean and roomy.

I was summoned shortly after I got there for cocktail hour, even before I could hookup and open the windows. But what was a body to do, there were priorities.

I joined the group with my coctail and met the 18 or so people, some of which I had met before. A really great group of people, independent but very sociable and fun-loving. Everybody has a story as to how they started camping and where they live and the places they love t go. Who’s going on an extended trip and where and the adventures they have already experienced. I came armed with a note book so I wouldn’t forget the great places to go that I heard about.

After an hour or so the group dispersed and I went back to feed Oscar and take him for walk. We went to the dog park that’s here and he met several really nice little dogs and he played and had fun, I think. On the way back I noticed that there were 2 car washing stations near our field. My poor Pennelope is so dirty, she still has dirt from Canada. It appeared that you just drove over and washed your car or truck so I thought why not. Tomorrow.

Dinner was on our own, get your plate full and join everybody in the meeting room. More stories, and lots of conversation til I couldn’t keep my eyes open another minute.

Back to the camper, another short walk for Oscar and to bed I went

Advertisement



Tot: 0.742s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 98; dbt: 0.6286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb