Real Gone


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
July 30th 2008
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, we're officially underway. We had everything loaded up in DarkStar and were ready to leave the Rochester area by 4:00 PM on yesterday. Ian and I drove straight through the night and reached Denver a few hours ago, where we're staying overnight at the house of a friend of his. That was a long drive, taking us about 30 hours, running between 65 and 70 mph.

I drove the first 5 and a half hours, then Ian took over. I got behind the wheel again a little after 3:00 AM, and drove for another three hours or so. Somewhere east of St. Louis, we drove was a lot of lightning, and drove through on/off rain for a while. Ian mananged to take a number of neat pictures through the windshield of it, plus whatever else was on the road. I'll have to get one or two of those from his to post. After that, we switched back and forth as we saw fit. There was some significant rain on the eastern half of Kansas, but past that the weather was quite nice.

Anyway, we're setting out in the morning for Colorado National Monument, then heading on to Goblin Valley state park in Utah. But for now, I've got to get to bed - I'm exhausted...

Advertisement



31st July 2008

Thanks for sharing your nice travel
30 hrs driving is great job...... Best of luck

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb