On a clear day with a panoramic view, the Rocky Mountains spread across Colorado in a spectacular fashion. Olympic athletes, adrenaline junkies and nature enthusiasts visit from all over the world to explore the mountain trails, rivers, lakes and snowy slopes of the "Mile-High City."
One can easily make new friends by partaking in a marathon like the "Boulder, Boulder" or going to one of the many spring and summer festivals like "Taste of Colorado". If you love music and great acoustics, buy tickets for a show at the stunning Red Rocks Ampitheatre or the Pepsi Center, which doubles as a sporting arena.
Travelers with kids can visit Elitch Gardens for rollercoaster rides or the Denver Botanic Garden. Adults wanting a night out on the town should head over to LoDo, Lower Downtown, where various sports bars and microbreweries offer drinks, but make sure you've planned your transportation back to your accommodation before heading out.
Highlights from Colorado
- Go skiing or snowboarding at Breckenridge, Keystone or Vail.
- Soak in the springs of Glenwood Springs or Pagosa Springs.
- Go river rafting or kayaking in the great Colorado River.
- Partake in one of the many Boulder marathons or take a stroll down Pearl Street. Chautauqua Park is also nearby with a choice of easy or strenuous hikes.
- Go shopping at 16th Street Mall, Cherry Creek or Park Meadows.
Hints and Tips for Colorado