Travel Change


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
January 2nd 2022
Published: January 3rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Not much to blog about here either. The entire day was spent taking back the rental car and changing our flight. For the last 24 hours United kept texting and e-mailing that severe weather was causing flight delays and cancelations. So, we just decided to go to the airport (had to take the car there anyway) and see if we could get a different flight.

It was a zoo, lines everywhere, the departure board was flashing red with tons of cancelled flights (covid and weather related) we stood in the customer service line for 90 minutes, but we did get a flight change. Have to spent another night in Denver, but we got a much better flight directly to Boston. We just need to take car service from Logan airport back to Providence.

This was basically our entire day, driving to the airport, taking the rental car back and changing our flight. We took the light rail from the airport to Union Station downtown. Union Station was pretty seedy in the concourse, but upstairs is was nice with many shops and restaurants. It was about a 15-minute walk back to the hotel.

We arrived back at the hotel just in time for one glass of wine during the wine hour. We also added the extra night to our stay since our flight is now leaving on Tuesday instead of Monday.

Dinner was at Urban Farmer, there is also one of these in the Nines Hotel in Portland, Oregon. It is basically a steak house, so that is what we had. Jerry had a 14 oz New York from Paint Hills farm (Eastern Oregon Ranch) and I had the 16 oz bone in Ribeye (Colorado ranch and grass fed). The were both cooked perfectly and seasoned nicely. We of course had bearnaise sauce, which was quite good. The Caesar Salad was not good as it was basically salted lettuce. Dressing had way too much salt. It would have been fine if they would have left off the salt entirely. The anchovies and or capers add the salt you do not need to add more.

The cornbread (made with blue corn) was the star of the meal and even the dish of the day.

That is the day. Zero plans for tomorrow, a work conference call that will stress me out and just packing. One final dinner, Italian.

The next blog entry won’t be until we are back home tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



4th January 2022

Dish of the Day
What? No picture of the blue corn cornbread that made dish of the day? I was wondering how blue it was. Yes. I'm THAT person.

Tot: 0.446s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb