The Road to Denver


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
January 1st 2022
Published: January 3rd 2022
Edit Blog Post

This is a very short entry the day was spent driving to Denver, in not great weather. We woke up to about 3 to 4 inches of snow outside of our window. We ate breakfast in the hotel. They were so short staffed, they couldn’t even clean the tables, just sat people in the bar. In reality, they could have cleaned the tables, just were organized enough to do so.

After breakfast loaded up the car and headed out. The first part of the trip was not so bad. But by the time we got to Wagon Mound NM, it turned very ugly, snow, blowing snow, cars in the ditch, multiple care pile ups. The average speed was about 40. It stayed pretty bad until Colorado Springs, then cleared up a bit until about 45 miles south of Denver. It was dark by this time, and roads very slick. Tarragon started complaining, which he never does, so we pulled over got his box out and he was very happy.

There was no window washer so add looking through mud to the bad driving conditions. My hands hurt from gripping the wheel so hard.

It was also very sad to see the poor cows standing in the unprotected pastures.

By the time we go to the hotel, I needed a Martini. There were not a lot of choices to eat, so we went to a place called Harry’s Jerry had a grilled cheese I had a club sandwich both with fries. We split a Caesar, and yes, I had two Martini’s.

That was the entire day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



4th January 2022

What a storm
That looks and sounds like terrible driving conditions. Must have taken a long time to drive the distance to Denver. White knuckle driving for sure.

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb